Wow, I had NO idea that those rods were Joan Wulffs brainchild. Very cool. As if I could enjoy this rod any more.

I've tried a few different lines on my BIIx and here's my experience with it. Alex and I have been bouncing emails on this very topic...

I toss a Platinum Chalkstream on it. Works very well. It tends to be on the heavy side, I think. Maybe that's just a manifestation of me going from a Cortland 444 DT to a more modern WF line. Not sure. But the line does cast very well. I have also tossed a Scientific Angler GPX 5wt WF. Too heavy for my tastes, felt to me like it overloaded the rod. It probably didn't, as I had just received the rod when I was tossing that and the rod is a marvelous mystery. Soft in the tip, much muscle as you learn to use it. For fishing short, though ,that GPX was very good. As well, the GPX is advertises as being heavy for "modern" graphite rods, so no suprises there. Shot like a cannon when I got it right.

And as mentioned, I have tossed a Cortland 444(the "peach") on it as well until I melted it with bug spray. D'OH. Anyway, it cast very well. In fact, I've sold two of these rods for Winston by letting buddies toss my rod, and they were throwing the peach Cortland and very favorably impressed with the rod.

I use Rio Selective Trout on my small stream rod, not a Winston, and it's a wonderful line. I think it would be great on the BIIx. One of the guys that bought this rod after casting mine has his lined with the Selective Trout and it does a very good job. I think I like the Platinum a bit better though. Might just be what I've grown accustomed too, it's all so subjective. It seems to shoot a bit easier, at least for me.

LadyFisher's suggestion of the Wulff TT however, considering the source of the developement of the rod, speaks to me. I don't need another 5wt line, but I've been wanting to try one of those for some time. Seems like a perfect excuse.