+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost everything

Default lost everything

Ya know in the greater scheme of things all happens for a reason.
    That is the worst descrition of a house fire I have EVER heard.
    Nov 4 2006 lost the house and everything in it including my fly gear tying gear and computers.Oh yea and the furniture too.
    So got another house more furniture and a new computer.Thank GOD it is winter and I have time to get a new rod.managed to save the butt pack with the flyboxs and my 5 wt reel w/line and spare spool with sink.
    does anybody know at what temp a graphit rod must be exposed to make it become brittle or have a permanent bow in all sections(leaned against the wall in its sock).Stupid thing looks like your fightn 1 big fish when you look at it.
    Dennis

I had a bit of trouble understanding your post, Teasel. Are you saying YOUR house burned down?

If you and yours all got out unhurt, than everything else except the sentimental stuff can be regotten.
    Glad to see that you got some of your gear out.
    Hope you were heavily insured.
    Best wishes

Dennis, darn rotten thing to have happened. Somehow, hope you can pull everything together. As to your question, I think, really, call Sage. They should be able to tell you the temperature on that melted rod. The answer might be interesting, let us know.

okay, I read it again and wow I am sorry for your tragedy! By personal experience I know that you will recover, but I wish it had never happened to you. I sent you my very best wishes.

The rod would have seen between 300F and 400F to have taken a set under a mild load. Could have gotten much hotter.. The resin in our rods will burn. The graphite will only take around 1200 degrees F before it charrs and turns to powder..

Default house

yea it was hot it melted a gold ring in a jewlry box and didn't char the box much. I have a box of truffles with a burnt box and melted plastic but the chocolates look great! Go figure!rod has set up a permanent flex but when I tried to cast with it (yard work) it snapped in 3 places.
    The dog and I were at the Vets Parade when a neighbors kids ran up and told me that Sampsons house was on fire (sampson is the basset at my feet)
    Wife was at work so I dropped sampson at her work and HAULED home.The fire dept was looking for Sampson and didn't want me near the house if they found him.They were relieved to find he had been with me. You gotta love small towns,They were worried they would find him and I would see it!!!
    We have got a new place and new furniture but I now must find new gear.
    Cabellas is supposed to be opening soon in St Louis,ROAD TRIP for new gear!
    lost all the computers and had to re register here but That was a minor thing!
    Insurance company was great.They had the 1st check ready in 2 - 3 weeks.
    We got into a new place within 25 days. Got blessed with a cute little place (900 sq foot) place empty ready to move into with a short closing date.
    Now there is this house for sale!A real fixer upper handy mans special!!!!
    Thanks for the concern and thoughts.I just needed to vent a little. Dennis

Blog Entries

Dennis I can relate, got burnt out in 1973 bad wiring. (Government housing ) Lost all our stuff except the Corell living ware plates and a live plant right in the middle of the carnage. It lived several more years untill my wife killed it with kindness. Ordinary glass was just blobs on the ground. My dog got out ok. Which was the most important thing. But The worst thing was we lost several generations of our Familys pictures and some memorabilia that had been passed down for several generations.
    We were assigned another house and moved in before the smoke had cleared. The community was wonderful and we had new (donated) furniture by dinner time.
    The people around you make some of the pain and loss go away.

We (4 of us) lived in a 700sq foot house for 10 years. I kinda liked it better than the 2800 sq ft I live in now. 900 will be fine.

The "Samsons house" thing is funny. We had just moved to an isolated posting when my 4 year old asked if She and about 4 of Her new little friends could go over to Butch Whitneys to play. I asked the kids which one Is Butch Whitney? They pointed to a black lab that was there. He was with His friend Tuffy Maxwell a Samoyd.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I am already used to the 900 sq ft.Sure makes house work easy.(I'm a stay at home house hubby)(aka disabled) but the place we found had a beauty shop built in the carport area and is going to eventually make me a nice work room.
    Yea gnu bee I realy do understand the relationship between people and their dogs now better than before.It is nice to be refered to as something other than as a number "OHHHH,I know you.Your Sampsons dad."

Sampsons dad,Dennis

Sampsons dad,
    Do you need some materials to get you started again? Goodness knows , I've got a lot of things, duplicates (triplicates?!?) that would be happy to get used.
    Betty (aka Abbys mom)
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread