? Christopher Dahl, maker and distributor of the Fly Tying Finger Treatment. About two weeks ago I ordered four of the 6 oz containers of finger treatment, though I had to contact him prior to my ordering, because I did not have PayPal. He graciously allowed me to send him a check. The day the order arrived, and before the check had arrived at his home, I received an e-mail, apologizing that the batch of FTFT he sent was not up to his standards, please throw it away, he'll send a totally new order! I'd have never known! Two days later, four new jars arrived here! And he sent an e-mail to make sure they had arrived, and that I liked them! Talk about service! I've never seen anything like that before!

I did have to send him an e-mail though.

Christopher,
Thank you for your note! The packages did arrive, and the creme is a delight to use!

Do want to thank you for using all natural, 100% safe ingredients in your creme. Last week, when we went out to dinner, our curious puppy (3 years old ... she should know better by now!) pulled one of the defective packages out of the wastebasket, diligently worked the wrapper off, opened the jar, and proceeded to lick the creme out of the jar! When we returned home she had the guilty puppy look, the empty jar was on the floor in the livingroom, and she had one of the smoothest tongues I've ever seen! No ill effects, but she doesn't want to come too close when I'm applying it for tying!

Thank you for a great product! I'll be taking it with me when I visit my local fly shops and knitting stores.
Betty Hiner

If you haven't ordered your supply of FTFT, do it. It's wonderful, and there is a truly delightful human on the other end.