While in highshchool I many times would leave school and go straight to the small town clinic that my mom worked at the bring her something to eat and then hang out until she got off of work. One particular evening about 10 minutes before they were going to close up a gentlman walked in with a 6" articulated Rapala stuck between his eyes on the bridge of his nose. Recognising the man as one of my friends fathers I went to get a first had account of story. Turns out that he had told his son to skip school and go fishing with him that day, on the first cast his son had hooked him between the eyes and so as not to spoil a good day in the making... they just cut the line and kept fishing. Now this had happened at about 6am and it is now close to 9:15pm and his son shows up. Well needless to say they were going to just cut the barb off and reverse the path. His son looses it and starts yelling at the doctor that this is a brand new plug and has not even been in the water yet and cost him about 10 buck and he was NOT going to cut the hook no matter what. The doctor (being of sound age and wisdom) said that he would not cut the hook and just simply remove the hook if the son would agree to allow his father to imediatly place the hook in the sons nose and then remove it with a pair of needle nose pliers... he slumped his head and told the docotor to cut the hook so he could have his plug back. That story still makes it around the table every time Pat comes over for dinner. He always says that though his dad said he felt bad about the ordeal that he did not replace the plug and matter of fact he kept it and has to this day not given it back yet still carries it in his tackle box with the one barb of one of the trebles cut off.

Steve