+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show Feb 3-11

nighthawk Guest

Default Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show Feb 3-11

Anyone going? I am going to try to make it there on Tuesday Feb 6th. Here is the link:

http://www.easternsportshow.com/App/hom ... ame=100280

I think I'm going but at this point i have no idea when. If I go it will be my first visit. Is there anything I should be forewarned about?

I am going also, just not sure what day. Over the last few years they have started getting more FF related exhibitors.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

i'd get there early if you can. i was there a few years back and it was BUSY.

I asked a buddy who normally goes about this. Was thinking about heading up as it's right up the street. He said it's hardly worth it UNLESS you can get there when it's not busy. His quote was "If you don't mind beating through people to the left, right, front and back of you to see something you want to see, sure, it's a great show". Perhaps my perspective(or yours) would be different and I understand it's a nice show.. just don't know if I want to fullback it through crowds all day to see a few things.

the weekends are generally very packed. Weekdays and evenings aren't too bad.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Crotalus
    the weekends are generally very packed. Weekdays and evenings aren't too bad.
    If I go, I may just take a half-day from work and go up to avoid the crowds if I can. That was my friend's suggestion if you want to avoid the madness.

I usually do the PA Farm Show which is at the same complex and gets mobbed at times. Is this show worse becuse I find the Farm Show to be manageable although crowded at times.

What hall is this show in?

Bamboozle.. here's the issue as it was explained to me. The moving around isn't a big issue, packed or not. It's the getting to the booths you want to see that my buddy said is a headache. Not sure how that translates to the fly angling booths.. my buddy is a guns and knives kind of guy so that's where his effort has been applied in the past. Yours(and my) mileage may vary.

nighthawk Guest

Parking can be an issue but this year you can park at Bass Pro Shops and ride a free shuttle bus. They will also give you a coupon book worth over $800.00 dollars.

Anyone wanting to go on the 6th just let me know. At 6'2" and, ahem, 300 something pounds I make a pretty good people mover. Could be why I always played center and nose guard in football. Think maybe the attitude, back then, had something to do with that also.

+ Reply to Thread