We're a family of four and we're all anglers. Mom, the 12 yrs. old daughter and I fly and the 4 yrs. old son has is own spinning rod. In Ingleside, TX, there are trout, but they're "speckled". And, hatches are non-existent, except for those on minesweepers. We have already realized that we're at a disadvantage without being able to move quickly through the flats to hunt the reds, trout, tarpon, snook, etc. So, we're researching kayaks, primarily for flyfishing from them, but also for family outings. I'm think three - a tandem for the boy and I and gear, a smaller single for the Mrs., and another small single for the 12 yrs. old (independence is becoming more important). We've "looked" at Hobies and other kayaks and researched a grunch, but have yet to try any out - weather's been rough. As my time is at a premium, I'd like to be able to focus our efforts so that we could get out there soon! Could some of you experienced "yakers" help? Any info would be greatly appreciated, from types of kayaks/canoes to life jackets, gps, radioes and other safety gear.

Tks, in advance!

Sincerely,
Adam M. Aycock
LCDR USN