+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IPC St. Croix Avid

Default IPC St. Croix Avid

So tell me about the new Avids. The 8'6" or 9' 5wt. in particular. I have the pre-ipc and it's been a good rod. Anybody have one or cast one? I don't have access to them to cast.

I have cast them. They are even better. Feel lighter and just nicer to fish with.

Castwell,
    I fish alot of lakes and tailwaters. My 8'6" seems a bit short at times.Also, I'm about 6'4" so do you think a 9' would fit me better? I fished a 9' TFO a freind loaned me and it felt a little better.

Just picked mine from the dealer this week.
    It's a 9' 7wt for "other fish".

Feels really sweet. Tomorrow I will be in my back yard to do a bit of pratice. All of my fishing water is a bit hard right now so I will have to wait till spring to give it a really good workout.

I will let you know tommorrow what I think about this rig.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

I have to say for lakes, i like 10' rods you can really get your stuff out there with ease. And on large rivers the length makes mending much easier when you are fish a pocket further up.

John,,, sure. I think the 9ft would be just dandy. Go for it. I think you will be fine with it.

Default St. Croix ICP Avid

I have a 9' 6wgt. Very nice feel for a mid-priced rod. I'm thinking about buying a couple more.

I have a 3, 7 and 9wt IPC Avids, they are great rods for the money plus they have a lifetime warranty. In fact I have a 3 Avid blanks waiting to be built, a 9wt for a friend and a 6 & 10wt for me! I really like 'em!

My neighbours think I'm nuts... Oh well.
    I've been outside yesterday casting my new rod in the snow. After all that is water - sort of. Anyway Its Avid 9' 7wt I got for bass and such. It's replacing Cabelas Three Forks rod. What a difference. The rod is smooth ,loads really good, weights almost next to nothing. In other words - SSSSSWeet. Go for it it is well worth the money.

Unfortunately the only thing I caught on it yesterday was mu cat who has uncanny ability to predict when I will be practicing casting.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Thanks everybody!

+ Reply to Thread