I knew I had it, just had to find it... At the bottom is the pattern for the Black Boar, another hard to find one.

I got it off a website that credits T&S magazine...

Enjoy.

Dwight

Att:

Pot Belly Pig
Thread: Red
Tail: 6 boar bristles, 3-4 strands pearl tinsel & bunch of orange bucktail.
Rear hackle: Orange cock
Body: Orange Antron
Body hackle: Black cock
Rib: Oval gold
Cheeks: Jungle cock.

Tie in boar bristles so they curve upwards. I like them about 1.5 times the body length. Then the pearl tinsel about the same length and the bucktail a little shorter.

Tie in a large orange hackle, wind about 3 turns and tie fibres in to slope back. Tie in oval ribbing tinsel.

Tie in body material (I actually use seal fur rather than antron, but that's because I don't have any antron. I'm sure any old wool of the right colour would do). Wind forwards, aiming for a slightly carrot shaped body (with the fat end at the rear).

Tie in a large black cock hackle at the head and wind backwards. Wind the ribbing tinsel forwards in the opposite direction to secure it. I make a couple of turns at the beginning to make sure the hackle is secure and to give the fly a small tag.

Tie in jungle cock eyes a little splayed out sideways and sloping backwards. Finish head with clear varnish. Clearly you can adapt this using different colours for different seasons or as the fancy takes you.

The Black Boar is essentially just a colour variation of the Allys Shrimp, but with the addition of boar bristles. The recipe as given in T&S is as follows:

Thread: Black
Tag: Silver tinsel.
Tail: Three boar bristles dyed ruby red, a few strands of bucktail & two strands of orange crystal hair.
Body Flat silver tinsel.
Rib: Oval silver tinsel.
Throat: small pinch of black squirrel
Wing: Black squirrel, three strands orange mirror flash & GP tippet dyed ruby red
Hackle: Black hen.
Head: Red varnish.