+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furling Friends near Chicago...

Default Furling Friends near Chicago...

Hi,

If any of you are coming to the Great Waters Expo in February, and you'll be there Saturday morning, I'd love to have you bring along your furled creations to my demonstartion. It would be great to see what you're doing and learn your tweaks on the process, and I bet other people would like it, too. As you may have guessed, I'm absolutely hooked on sharing information.

Who knows? Maybe we could achieve the single largest mass of furled leader makers gathered at one time

btw, the offer still stands for a place to stash coats, etc (although I don't know where my booth is yet).

Kat

Hi Kathy,

For a while I was positive I would go. That is now down to a solid maybe. I am having a lot of trouble finding any information on the schedule of speakers, classes, and demonstrations; so that I can hit the day that has the most value for my 15 bucks.

So far the organizers have been very stingy on the show website, unless I am missing something. You would be the second exhibitor/presentor that I am asking to help me find more details. Please help!
    Bear742

Default Great Waters

Hi,

I talked with Tom Helgeson yesterday, and he's well aware that the schedule isn't up yet. He didn't say so, but I suspect he's as frustrated as you are.

With any luck, very soon. The only parts I know for sure are that Lefty is both days around noon, the furling is Saturday morning, and the Writers' Panel is Sunday afternoon. I didn't ask about anything else, sorry.

With the great things that have happened in Minneapolis the last few years, I'm sure the sessions on the schedule will be well worth the wait.

Kat

Default Great Waters Schedule

The schedule for the Chicago Expo is about ready. I reviewed it with Tom at the Midwest Fly Fishing office this morning and I believe it will be up on the website this weekend:
    www.greatwaters2007.com

Default Great Waters

There you go!

Thanks, Lew

Kat

Default Looking forward

to seeing you in Chicago Kat!! A bit later in Minneapolis too.

Default Great Waters schedule

The schedule is up, and I'm loving the conservation thread throughout !

Looks nice, Lew.

Kat

Default Great Waters ' Chicago Schedule

Yep, for quick reference the link is www.greatwaters2007.com/chischedule.html

You'll also find a list of exhibitors under the "vendors" heading.

See you there.

Nice miracle Kathy!

I will be there on Saturday. You are up against Skip Morris on bass and panfish that makes it a tough decision for me.
    Bear742

Do you ever come West Cathy? Fly tying Expo in Idaho Falls in April would be a great spot to set up shop.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

+ Reply to Thread