I decided to build a wrapper BEFORE my first kit gets here. I got it cut out, fitted and stained in about 3 hours (fooled around a lot cleaning the shop so I could get to the tools), and will start the finish coats of satin polyurethane in the morning. It's not exactly what I want, but it will be more substantial than a cardboard box. The shadowing around the pictures is to hide all the "stuff" in my basement. I want everyone to think I'm neat and organized, so you can't see what it really looks like. I saw the sliding fit thread platform on someone else's homemade wrapper, and liked that idea. It slides easily from side to side, but will not twist. Simple build without any plans or dimensions, out of 1x4, 1x6, Titebond glue and 1 1/4" drywall screws. Supports will be held in place with 1/4" x 2" lg. carriage bolts with fender washer and wing nut. Still have to figure out thread tensioner. I've seen the same one on many different wrappers, and it looks like they are a purchase item, possibly from a sewing machine. They consist of a threaded stem, washers, spring and knurled round nut. Anyone know where I can find these? I can't seem to find them on the rod building sites.

Total cost to this point about $1.07. Aside from the carriage bolts and wing nuts, everything else was scrap laying around the shop, including the stain and sealer. I'm going to buy a couple of tip tops tomorrow for thread guides. Might also consider an overhead feed systen for the thread, but I'm not covinced it will help much. I guess I'll be modifying this baby after/during the first rod build.

Joe