+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somerset Show - couple questions

Default Somerset Show - couple questions

I am thinking of going to the Somerset show tomorrow. My problem is that i will only have limited time there. Will I be able to get through the exhibitors in 3 hrs?

Also how full is the show on Fridays? Is it packed or is it pretty easy to get around?

thanks
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

In my experience, Friday is the day to go.
    I've never been there on Sunday but Saturdays are usually packed!
    Good luck, long ride from Harrisburg, fortunately I'm only 10 minutes away!

Croatulus - I've heard Fridays there are pretty busy. I've only ever been there Saturday, and recently Sundays. If I didn't spend so much time catching up with old friends and watching the occasional seminar, I'd be through the place in an hour. You should easily get your money's worth in 3 hours. Make a list of what you want to see - check this link for making your game plan, and Good Luck!.......Ed

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/somerset/

Thanks for the input guys. I thought about bagging the trip but decided to go. I am glad i did, it was well worth the ride except for the ride on I-78 in New Jersey. I dont ever want to hear anyone from NJ complain about PA roads being rough - man that is one bumpy road.

I got through all the exhibits in about 2 1/2 hrs but i didnt stop at the outfitters or the rod companies.

Next year i will plan for a much longer stay so i can take in more demonstrations and seminars.

i did get to meet Dot Man though.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Joe,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your business. You were there early too. Glad you made it and enjoyed it. The crowd was good and managable for the attendees, but it did not seem as large as last year. Yes, Saturdays are crazy so Friday or Sunday are better. I went over and spoke with Bob Meade (mantis) for abit. Nice fella and tyes some awesome realistic flys.

Jerry
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

I actually was there at 9:15 and had to hang out in the lobby for 45 minutes. wasnt sure what the traffic would be like and i knew i had to leave by 1:00 so i wanted to be there early.

I used the Zipcast tonight, i should be ashamed, it took 3 times to get the line clean but that is what i get for not cleaning my line the last 3 or 4 years
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

cro,

I just went today Saturday, it wasnt bad I spent the whole day there but I was able to see all the exhibts in a few hours. Hope you made it and had fun,

wireguy

Quote Originally Posted by Crotalus
    Thanks for the input guys. I thought about bagging the trip but decided to go. I am glad i did, it was well worth the ride except for the ride on I-78 in New Jersey. I dont ever want to hear anyone from NJ complain about PA roads being rough - man that is one bumpy road.

I got through all the exhibits in about 2 1/2 hrs but i didnt stop at the outfitters or the rod companies.

Next year i will plan for a much longer stay so i can take in more demonstrations and seminars.

i did get to meet Dot Man though.
    Dear crotalus,

Did you take I-78 from Harrisburg?

I drove it from Rt 743 to Rt 61 on Thursday and the last 20 miles from about the Midway Exit to Rte 61 in PA could induce labor in an elephant. That stretch of road is the absolute worst stretch of paved road on the Planet Earth. It's just as bad westbound too.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'm betting that if I hadn't made that ride up I-78 on Thursday my truck wouldn't have broken down on the PA Turnpike Friday night enroute to a buddy's in Philly where I planned to stay overnight before going to the show.

Look me up when it warms up and we'll go fishing.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
    Dear crotalus,

Did you take I-78 from Harrisburg?

I drove it from Rt 743 to Rt 61 on Thursday and the last 20 miles from about the Midway Exit to Rte 61 in PA could induce labor in an elephant. That stretch of road is the absolute worst stretch of paved road on the Planet Earth. It's just as bad westbound too.
    Lemme tell ya, that section from Midway to Hamburg is like floating on clouds compared to the first few miles of I-78 in New Jersey
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

You must stay in the fast lane on 78 in Jersey. It is almost always smoother.

+ Reply to Thread