After much hemhawing, stamping of feet, wringing of hands, whistling and general procrastination, I picked it up, zeroed in on my goal and bought my new small stream rod/reel combo.

I really thought this was going to look like the big N.A.S.C.A.R. wreck at Talladega but, with no small effort from all of you, I got through it in great shape. I followed your advice diligently and check out everything I could get my hands on. Even gave some real hard consideration to some nice Banty bamboo.

The two finalists were the TFO 2 piece One series 2wt in 6' length with a DT-3W-f line and Cabela's Traditional 6'6" 2wt with a DT-3W-F line. Cabela's was giving me a better deal than Bass Pro on both rods with a Prestige Plus Mid Arbor reel, 20lb backing and Prestige Plus line, so that narrowed it down to one place to shop.

After trying both rigs I picked the Cabela's rig. The Cabela's Traditional rod was six inches longer but seemed to have a bit more backbone and a really nice action for my casting style. It took less effort to lay out 60 feet of line with the Cabela's rod and the balance with the mid arbor reel, Prestige Plus, is a close to perfect as one can get.

Another pus for the Cabela's rod is the walnut reel seat, I like furniture, and silver plated up locking ring. Add in the beautiful dark green color of the stick and it is one eye catching outfit. The Cabela's outfit was also $20 cheaper but the critical deciding factor was the distance, accuracy and ease of casting. That is where the Cabela's Traditional rod really shone through.

I really cannot thank all of you enough for your advice. You really helped me with your experience and encouragement. We are family at this board for certain. I will hit the water next Monday with new rod in hand. Hopefully I will have some first fish pics to share with you. Thank you everyone for your help and patience.