+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What kind of watercraft for flyfishing.

We just just bought a couple of Hobie Mirage Drive kayaks and yes I know...they're not really traditional paddle boats, but I'm not worried about tradition, I want ease of fishin and they provide it. I can fish my heart out and not have to touch the paddle as my feet do the peddle. It's stable too though weighs in at 58LBs for the ones I bought, but they do have a smaller and lighter model. Find a dealer and try one out. You may be suprised.

i believe the thing you have to consider about the hobies is how deep of a stream/river you are going to fish. if there are area you have to drag of bounce across the hobie fins may be in for rough time.

I'll cast my vote for a Hobie Cat 75. I absolutely love mine. I can manuever anywhere to a prime fishing spot and really motor with the oars from one location to another. You sit high in the water, don't have to worry about tipping and it's as comfortable as sitting in your favorite easy chair. It also provides a great stripping platform and is easy to carry to the water and launch. Test drive one today and you'll never look back!

+ Reply to Thread