+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pa. Fish-In 2007

Default Pa. Fish-In 2007

Everything is basically set for this years Fish-In. Dates will be June 5th through 10th and site will again be the Happy Acres Resort. This is located near Waterville, about 25 miles northwest of Williamsport on the Little Pine Creek. More streams availabe to fish then I can count on all fingers plus toes. Last year one week later we had super fishing, can only hope for same this year. Gene Feerrar has again this year allowed us to rent the Big Lodge at the resort. This lodge will accomodate 14 persons. Cost at lodge will be $125.00 plus tax. First 14 guys getting a deposit to me of $65.00 will get to stay in lodge which will be center of activity. Resort also offers trailer and tent sites plus rooms and cabins. There are two cabins that sleep TEN if any guys want to come in a group. Call Denise or Kevin Breen at 570 753 8000 to make arrangements or for more information.We plan to have deep fried turkeys on Sat. night courtesy of Chef Bigdadyrods ( Randy Emerich) Looks like cost will be about $7.50 for great food in large portions, Contact Randy at rmw50@hotmail.com to be included.We will be trying a few new things this year that should be fun. Let us know if you plan to make it so things can be taken care of. To look at web site for resort go to www.happyacresresort.net
    LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING LOTS OF FISHERMEN

Is there a "drop dead date" for getting yourself a cabin/camping spot? I'm very interested in going, but need to work on logistics before I can commit. Any advice from the folks who have been there already? This would be my first fish-in... sounds like a great time!! Thanks, folks!

Matt

Lodge reservations will soon be filled for the 14 available spots.
    Happy Acres Resort is a fair sized facility so as long as they have something open you could get in.
    Be glad to have you with us.

nighthawk Guest

I am going to try and make it on the 5th but can only stay for the day. What time in the morning do you plan on kicking things off and where will we meet?

Breakfast is usually out of way by 7:15 to 7:30 and then we hit the streams or whatever is doing that day.
    Center of activity and signs of what is happening are at the Lodge. As soon as you enter Happy Acres Resort you will see the Lodge ahead and to the right. Last year we had a big Fish-In sign on the lodge, probably will do the same then.
    Looking forward to meeting you.

Just a heads up if the lodge fills up - i saw on thie website a building called the Mountain Den or something like that, it resembled a hotel and seem ideal for fishermen.

I am thinking of heading up that weekend if the wife can get off work, we will be bringing the camper and kids if we make it.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Default PA fish-in

Bruce got my email just a little mixed up, thats OK. He has a lot going on right now. He's just learning to tie a green weenie for the Fish-In. He heard it works.
    Bigdadyrods- (Randy) rme50@hotmail.com

We'll be discussing this several times thoughout the next few months, but I will tell you this, NO ONE goes away hungry at the fish in.

As far as the food, I'll need to know by mid May if you'll be attending the supper that night.

Randy

Only 4 spots left in Lodge. To be in center of activites jumo on this offer.

I will make the event but don't know how many days and/or which days just yet. We're moving to Richmond around that time and will most likely be busy selling out house/buying another house/moving. And starting new jobs...I'm taking the entire month off, if I can.

Marty

Looking forward to meeting you. Think you will enjoy the streams we will be fishing. Probably a good idea to bring some cahills and gray fox.

+ Reply to Thread