They turned the area below the dam into a fishing park. Nice parking lot and drive. Many people still fish there and the pool below the dam has changed many times over the years with flooding. There are still a nice selection of goggle eye and bass and the redhorse still make their annual run.

Back in 1986 Dad and I waded a small stream that runs under hwy 130 and then under hwy 64 west of Shelbyville. There were tons of Redhorse in that creek. I think the creek runs into the Duck but not sure. We did catch a ton of bream and redeye bass. But the redhorse were so spooky even the slightest movement would cause them to swim off quickly. I have been told the Scenic section of the river from interstate 65 west is full of smallmouth and one of the best float tris around. But have not ever fished it.

Years ago we could go to bedford county lake and rent one of the gheenoos. The water was always a beautiful teal green and deep in most areas of the lake. Even the spring was cleaned out and always had fish in there. Now the water always seems to be stained and the amount of silt in the lake is amazing. Areas that used to be 6 feet deep are only inches deep now. Not sure why this has hapened. I do know the lake turned over in the early 90's and killed 90% of all the fish in the lake due to the lack of oxygen in the water. Was a terrible sight to pull around that beautiful curved gravel road and see all those fish bellie up and oh the stinch!

I think Dad cried that day! I have pictures of Bedford in it's Glory days with Bass exceeding 5lbs and bream that were huge. Sadly I have seen too many places that once were glorious and are no more. It's really a shame.
~~~waders~~~