Thanks again Warren!
Man you got that up quickly. And well done I must say. The only thing I can see that differs is the distance between the head and the tail and the eyes. I will note however your eye paatern will probably be much more durable. Dad always used the doll eyes. The funny thing is it never failed after about ten fish the fly would usually end up with only one eye.

I can remember the day Dad pulled the L-Eye Bee out. We were fishing from our small boat along the causeway near Mink Creek in Guntersville. I was catching a few nice Bream on the one bug and the occassional bass but Dad decide to try something a little different after seeing all the Bumble Bee's flying around the Blackberry bushes covering the causeway. I'll never forget the site of that fly. He always kind of kept things a secrete until the last minute. I had never seen Bass attack a bug on the surface with that much aggression. They were absolutely destroying this pattern.

After missing the first 3 strikes. I giggled at Dad as he was making every effort to get line untangled from the boat cleat, his feet, the seat post even a bottle of root beer that got spilled to the reaction of the first explosion! Every time he would set the fly on the water the water would explode like someone had just thrown in a 1970 volkswagen beetle on top of the fly.

Puzzled...Dad took out a pocket knife and sliced the bottom of the round head off the fly. The next 10 casts resulted in 10 fish all Largemouth bass that were an average of 3 pounds each or better. To which he said "Well I'll be a son of a gun!" While I was begging for one of the flies he started in with his MR Fish routine. A take off of the old MR Ducks gag. You know the one..MR Ducks...MR Not...O S A R...MR Not...O S A R 2....CM Wangs?...L EYE L BEEE....MR Ducks! Except he inserted Fish were the Ducks was spoken. Don't get it? Them are Ducks...Them are not ...oh yes they are...see them wings...etc... It a southern thing! We laughed and the fly from that day forward was called Sam's L- Eye- Bee.

Oh How I miss Him! My fishing partner and life long mentor...I will always cherish our days on the water together! In Memory of Craig Edward "Sam" Blevins. Oct. 1942- Oct. 2005
~~~waders~~~