Anticipating our first real snowfall this year, I headed west and fished a small stream located about 10 miles north of Frederick, MD to catch a few brookies. The day started out slowly, as air temps were barely 20 degrees and water temp was about 37. Got on the water about 9:30 AM with a buddy, caught a half-dozen between the two of us and lost a few more. Only one fish hit the indicator, a good sign that going subsurface was the right thing to do. Around 12:30, my friend left, and I headed upstream in search of some fresh spots. I'd never been upstream of where we stopped shortly after noon...

Turned out to be one beautiful plunge pool after another, each one yielding a fish or two (or five, in one case). Ended up releasing over 2 dozen, most of which were around 4 inches, a few pushing 6. Most fish took #14-#18 BH PTs tied on scud hooks, while a few took green weenies in various sizes and configurations. Some really nice fish, despite the cold.

Started snowing around 1 PM, coated everything but the water. What a treat! Drove home around 3, sadly to see many cars off the road around Frederick. Icy conditions all over...made it home to Baltimore in one piece. And watched football the rest of the day...

Marty