+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Winged wet fly swap.....complete

Default Re: Winged wet fly swap.....Waiting for 2 sets

Mr. Blur,

Why? If as I suspect you're frustrated by the wait and delays with this swap I suggest you be patient. Since it's an international swap (even though it's only to Canada) some delays are inevitable. Some folks were not as prompt in sending there flies in as you and I were. From what Hillard has posted it sound like he has a job that takes him out in the field a lot and I guess that's had some impact on the communications.

Sorry your experience with swaps on this board hasn?t been positive. I've had just the opposite experience and will continue to try and play with the folks who are willing to give their personal time and wrangle a swap. Sorry it's not been good for you. I'll regret not having your contributions to look forward too.
    Joe Bertolini

Am I to understand that this Swap has been shipped , or is there some kind of mix up, for I have not recieved any flies from this swap. Thank you

My guess is that this swap has not been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by gadabout
    Hillard,

I received a package today. It appears that you sent me the flies from one of your other swaps. (Pike streamers?) Now what?

gadabout

Oh no, thats a mix up for sure, SOmething must have gotten mixed up on my shelf while I was sorting swaps. PM me and We'll figure out something.
    -Hillard

I am so sorry to all who have been waiting for this one to go out, It's my fault that I took on more swaps than I should have at one time. I was counting on things running smoother than they did. If everything would have gone according to plans everything would have gone smoother, but work got busy and flies arrived late, I got shipped away from civilization away from computer or post office for work. It's been a hectic spring with work which was not anticipated, my employer got bought out and we merged with a much larger company and my work schedual got turned upside down. I have been away from home more than I have been at home in the past 7 weeks.

As of this bunch of swaps I am done with hosting swaps due to my new job responsibilities, I have had fun with them, but I don't not have the time I did 3-4 months ago and am travelling too much to commit the time I did with my previous swaps.

I will continue to join swaps here on FAOL as I enjoy them, but I will not host another until my workload slows down again.

-Hillard

Default Re: Winged wet fly swap.....Waiting for 1 sets

Just recieved a great set from PAul W today, there is one set left in the mail but it was sent a while ago, I assume it is lost but I have contacted the swapper for thier shipping address to send them a set if everyone is ok with that. I will get this one packaged up this week and mailed on the weekend, Once Again I am sorry for the delay, work has taken over all my free time.

-Hillard

hmmm...when was the deadline on this swap?
    this one has left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is my last swap on this site. Not only has it been frustrating to send my flies out to Canada, but my flies are somewhere in the world and I lost a nice fly box. I tied up some nice flies and protected them by using a better fly box. Still the swap has not been sent out and this is a little crazy. The flies I sent for the dry fly swap made it in two days. I mailed my flies out back in March. Now it's May and I have no flies to so for it.

Andy B

Mr. Blur, I am with you on this one.

I am also very soured by this experience. This is only my third swap and will probably my last. Only one out of three has gone well.

I've hosted many and been in many swaps on this site. I will still be. I'm not in a big hurry. Keeping to the deadline should be followed though.
    KAHUNA

+ Reply to Thread