+ Reply to Thread

Thread: e -z body

Default e -z body

does any one have a good way to remove the string from e-z body?every time I try to do it I just end up undoing the e-z body.

Normand Guest

Default Re: e -z body

Quote Originally Posted by A.Pacyna
    does any one have a good way to remove the string from e-z body?every time I try to do it I just end up undoing the e-z body.
    I guess thats what holds it together??

Why remove it?

redacted,,,,,
    Last edited by Bugsy; 04-06-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Some of the EZ body materials have strings that detract from the appearance of the fly. For example, a dark line on the back and belly doesn't look as good to me as just a single dark line on the top. The opposite may be true if the body material has 2 white strings in it. After cutting the length of material desired for the fly I am tying, I grab just the end of the string with some fine tipped forceps and gently pull it out. It should just slide out easily. I have not had the problem of the braid falling apart.

Regards,
    Keith

I just pick it out with my fingers, then pull it out. It will fray the end of the tubing, and I have to straighten the tube out as I remove the thread, but I've never had E-Z body fall apart. I think you can do more with it without the ribbing. For example, the under body on this "fly" is the XL E-Z Body tubing.

I also use it for popper bodies, and for various minnow and small bait fish patterns.

Here is my trick for removing the thread. I find it easiest to expand the tubing by squeezing the tubing from both ends. This releases the chinese fingers effect of the tubing. Using a sharp pointed bodkin I pick the thread up at the center of the tubing. Once I get enough thread out I grab it with my fingers and pull it out carefully. Works like a charm and does not fray the end of the tubing.

+ Reply to Thread