Quote Originally Posted by okieflyfisheman
Padron - I am not a seasoned tyer by any means but have been tying for a while. One thing I have learned is that although I am always trying to improve - the trout (or your WW fish of choice) will be a lot less finiky about your flies than you will be. My suggestion is to take the ugliest fly that you have tied to your favorite honey hole and catch a fish with it. After catching that fish on the fly that you tied you will be hooked. For me, flytying is the best therapy in the world - I get absolutely lost in it for hours at a time AND you will find the members here on FAOL to be the most helpful and, I might add, some of the finest folks you will ever meet.
Well, maybe a fish might try one of the ugly ones. Who knows? I can see how this would be good therapy, especially at this time of year. Ice fishing just won't cut it, I don't think. Having been around FAOL for a number of years, I can certainly attest to the quality of people around here. Time to get more familiar with the tying bunch. I'm thinking of getting the Danvise from the fellow around here as a decent starter. Possibly a Griffin. Start small and go from there. I finally got internet access here at my house, as opposed to just having it at work, with one of the reasons being able to be around this site more often. Makes sense, right? Anyway, thanks for the thoughts.

-Padron-