Howdy, all. I am the guy being spoken about here. I?ve been in touch with the Conservation folks, the TWRA folks, some private firms and so on. I have manuals and flyers and handouts and?..lots of stuff.

I plan on stocking LMB, BG/RE mix and maybe some CC.

I have no spring feeding the pond.

The water from the well will be shot out into the pond as far as I can get it. Once full I may do a 15 on/off or so to keep it either full or aerated.

I don?t plan on any plants; I figure I will have enough trouble as it is keeping them down. Who knows, this may be the one thing in my life that works out well. I?m not banking on it though.

I plan on fertilizing if needed. I?m not sure where the ?fertilize with feed? came in but that?s not anything I ever heard of so it?s not being considered.

I may feed for the first season as my wife is all hot on feeding the babies. I?m sure that will last as long as her other pursuits.

I will build cover from tires, pvc, pallets, trees and rock.

I?ve done quite a bit of research and spent quite a bit of money on this and I?d really like it to work out. The questions I have are related to:

1) how many fish per acre

2) how much feed per day

So first, I have a consulting firm recommending 1000-1500 BG per acre (of course, they are in the business of selling fish). TWRA recommends 500 per. What do you guys think?

Second, how much feed per day do 2000 BG eat the first spring? If it?s going to take a house payment I won?t feed and I?ll stock fewer fish.

Thanks.