For those who may not have access to the article on Sam's One Bug, I decided to quote some of the article so that you could see some of Sam's personality:

"The One Bug was developed out of a need for an attractor pattern with movement, to be fished on flat or very calm water. Adding the crossed rubber legs on the Live Body foam was the solution. After catching a hundred-plus bream, three smallmouth, and five largemouth bass on the same fly, it was dubbed the One Bug--I needed only one bug to fish all day.

The Live Body foam takes considrable amounts of abuse when fishing rocky shorelines. The foam bounces off the rocks. It does not crack or lose its finish, and it comes in a variety of fish-friendly colors. I try not to spend more time tying a fly than it takes to lose it, barring bad knots, weak tippets and tree limbs too high to reach. The One Bug is the single most productive and longest-lasting fly I have ever used. As with most poppers and attractor surface patterns, fishing these is a matter of who can wait the longest. Cast it, let it sit until you can't stand it, then let it sit awhile longer. If you think the fish are asleep, then strip in about four to six inches of line and again let it sit. most strikes on these flies are quick and sometimes vicious. Pay attention."[Quoted from Flyfishing & Tying Journal, Summer 2002]

I hope this adds to your excitement to try this One Bug. Upon some of FAOL member's requests, I will submit Sam's bass bug as a FOTW. I will admit that I have never tied it until now, so, do not look for perfection. I should have it ready, pictures, history and tying instructions, soon and will submit it.