I just realized that I neglected to list my gear and strategy for the one-fly contest. I would opt for a nine foot six weight rod and a full range of line including floating, intermediate and fast sinking. I would also include a wide range of split shots in my arsenal. I would select a light, easily rowed pram to help get me around.

My fly would be a size 8, chartreuse Gurgle Pop and my principle target would be sun fish and largemouth bass. I would start fishing the top water in the early morning and then gradually work deeper and deeper depths with a combination of sinking line and split shots. Hopefully a catfish or two might be interested as the fly moves down in the water column. I would come back up the water column around 5:00pm

Montana, the lake is wadeable and the there are numerous access points from roads, boat launches and recreation areas.

Philly and other potential waders, snakes and gators are not considered a threat to waders. Maybe, the lake isn't too deep in Georgia or Alabama.

Hope this helps. 8T