+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabin Fever is setting in......

Default Cabin Fever is setting in......

Alright, i've just gone over the edge. Last nite with the wind blowing 25 mph and the ambient air temperature being a balmy -10, I found my self stringing up my rod, setting in the corner and staring at it. Then after awhile I broke it back down and took the top section and and started doing the piece of yarn casting thing (something i saw someone talk about on here, actually kind of cool?)...pieced in the middle of that i have been obsessively paging through fly-fish mags and catalogs, all of which i have pretty much memorized at this point.... any body else reached this level of madness yet??

No maddness here. I have another hobby that helps me get through Fly Fishing withdrawls. I suppose I am in the Minority on FAOL but it works for me.

The most healthy solution to fly fishing cabin fever...at least it helps me...is fly tying.
    nam

Agree with the fly tying....that does seem to stave it off to some degree....

Take up fly tying, only problem is is cast's lots of $$$$. It helps a little bit. I do house projects in the winter.

I am feeling the cabin fever too, but luckily I am able to sneak away to a tailwater once or twice a winter, but it isn'r the same as during the summer. I also tie flies.

Since K3's is in SD...not so expensive especially if he harvests his own hair, feathers and fur.
    At any rate even if he/she doesn't, it's readily avail free...you just have to ask.
    This doesn't include prime dry fly neck hackle of course.
    nam

namekagon-- you wouldn't believe the # of pheasant tails and deer hides/tails I get offered every year....seeing where your from I'm sure you dont have much trouble tracking down any fur either.

Default Two seasons

There are only two seasons of the year. Fishin' season and rod building (and fly tying) season.
    AgMD

K3's,

I feel your pain. I have sharpened all of my knives,cleaned my fly lines, cleaned cork handles and fly rods, sorted flies into the proper fly boxes, and it is only the 12th of January. Fly tieing helps alot. Tuning into FAOL help even more.

+ Reply to Thread