My Mother went into the hospital,died once, two operations and four months of rehab and she's finally home. Tried to visit every day before or after football practice.
The president of our youth football program and the high school coach had a fallout, Competing teams, divided loyalties, politics and money. Move may have been inevitable ,but could have been handled alot better without putting the kids in the middle.
My fishing buddy and oldest son went off to college in Ohio. Empty nest hits fathers too.
At the risk of sounding like a bad country song my girlfriend Chelsea (a 16 year old Springer Spaniel) a good and faithful friend had a major stroke and we had to have her put down a week before Christmas.
Well like I said I haven't touched a rod or tied a fly in months. I've lurked, but I haven't posted.
With the warm weather I forced myself to take out my 4wt. last Saturday. No fish ,no companian chasing Blue Gills, bad casts, and wind knots, but a rhythm soon returned and I felt 6 months of weight lifted from my shoulders.
So......It's good to be back.