Still steaming, and flyfishers are always good folks to vent to it seems!

Bought some 'plans' on Ebay tonight, and imagine my surprise in finding out that *I* had written them and taken all the pictures! There's even a picture of my DOG in there, and of me! They were stolen right off of my website and were selling like hotcakes for $10 a pop. It's happened before, I manage a popular DIY renewable energy website. So now the whole process of cease and desist letters, notifying Ebay, etc. etc.

So, instead of ranting any more, I'll make this a public service announcement. Here's some tips for writers and photographers that put content on the internet:
-Put a copyright notice on every web page.
-Imbed a copyright notice somewhere in the web version of each image.
-Actually take the time to register your entire website with the US Copyright Office. Costs $30, and covers all content you send them on CD (text, photos, everything) and (probably) future content too. This gives you the right to sue for damages.
-Watch Ebay and the web like a hawk for infringements. Ebay will shut down auctions and users for you, but you have to spot them. On the web, you can easily track down the website owner by going to a domain "WHOIS" site.

MOST people who pull this crap bought "Make $10K a month on Ebay!" get-rich-quick programs, which suggest scanning the web for public domain documents and re-packaging and re-selling them. But they didn't bother to look for a copyright notice.

That said, I have a GREAT deal on an EBook for sale at my Ebay store, called "Fly Fishing Basics". Only $10! Here's the table of contents:
# Knots
# Basic Tying Kit
# Control Casting
# Fly Tying
Ahora en espa?ol
# Beginners Journal
# Hatchery Fish
# N.Q.Entomology
# Fish Weight Chart
# Fly Fishing 101*
# Fly Tying Terms
# Float Tubing
# Rod Building
# Saltwater
# MAIN MENU
# Search FAOL

If any of all y'all ever see such a thing on Ebay -- contact JC and Ladyfisher IMMEDIATELY!

OK, I'm more calm now. Have a nice evening everyone!
DANBOB