+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fish and game strikes again

Default fish and game strikes again

Well one of my favorite places to fish was drained again due to perch. UMMM every 5 years they drain this lake. This time the trout had gotten vbery big. We were catching 5 pound browns. Will they ever learn that no matter how many times they drain the lake that the last fish to die will be the perch. Now they will restock with 10 =12 inch rainbows and browns. In 5 years they will be big again and the perch will be thick again and they will drain it. Don't they understand that the browns will eat the perch. Don't they understand that if they plant more browns then rainbows they won't have a perch problem. Oh well I will go up in the spring again and catch the small ones this year and hope they get bigger before they drain it again.

Simple. Follow the money. Always the answer.
    Ok, if they were managing it for the fish they would leave it alone. If for people, they would plant it every year. If for themselves and jobs, and yearly budgets, and jobs, and payroll, and jobs,,, well, I think you get the idea. Usually, if the USPS would take over from the DNR management politicians,,, it would actually get better.

Got to agree just makes me mad that and now it is a state park. Used to be no one ever went there and you would have the lake to yourself all week long Oh well I believe they call it progress

Blog Entries

"It's hard for someone to understand something when their salary depends on them not understanding it."

A butchered Mark Twain quote.

nighthawk Guest

Because of their reproduction capabilities perch are not candidates for catch and release. Eat them or give them to someone that will eat them. Do not C-N-R perch! They taste great too.

Their the Cutest, Tastiest little fish that are just begging to jump in your frying pan!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread