Ladyfishers excellent question on the best fly fishers last week has played out. I learned a lot from the replies. I have two segueway questions inspired by Lotech's currently the last reply to Ladyfisher. He wants to fish with Curt Gaudy.

Who is the one fly person, living or dead, you would like to spend a day with? Why?

I hope, it is easier to get your hands around this one because it only asks for one person and gives you room to explore your reasons.

Also I would like to eliminate 2 categories from the answer-family and friends-since we already know these would be hands down favorites. First, since we already know that family members would be top choices, please assume that you already had a trip with spouses, grandparents, parents, uncles, children, etc. Second, friends would come right after family. Since they are always there for us, they are the obvious second if not first choices. So, in effect, I am asking for your third choice.

To avoid skewing the responses,I will post my choice in a day or two. IMHO there are no wrong answers here. But you may use an eraser if you have second thoughts.