Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
If you are right, then we should all give up and accept the fact that we will always cast like a schmuck. Practicing and improving are pointless. And watching a backcast is worthless too. Just look at the target and slop it out there. Then write about how great that works so new guys don't feel badly that their casting sucks too.
I think practicing and improving are probably the most important points to mastering ANYTHING. I'm by no means even a good caster, but I cast enough to get into fish, and thats what makes ME happy. I am trying to cast better, but for ME it is only to hopefully get into more fish and less frustrations. I am not saying my way is the right way, but I fish to catch fish and enjoy the land. For me, to be the best fisherman with my goals... I just need to get out there more often. Practicing and improving.

As a starting flyfisher and a somewhat young one, great casting is the pinnacle. That's what you achieve many years down the road. And then you probably realize that it's all about being outside and enjoying yourself. Practicing and improving.

Or you could just be lucky