I am still young with 20/20 vision, but the thing that helped my tying the most was a pair of clip on 1.5X reading glasses.

A web cam would work, although video quality would be one of those things where you get what you pay for. I got a webcam a couple months ago and have recorded several how to videos that I will eventually use for my website. I can also make these with the video function on my digital camera.

Anyways, if you try this, get a webcam that records at atleast 30 frames per second, otherwise it is gonna look choppy. I got mine on sale at Office Max for $25($50 normal) It's a Lgitech QuikCam, can't think of the model number off the top of my head. But the video quality is quite good. If this sounds like something you'd like to check out I could email you a video file to show you what it will look like so you don't have to throw down your money for something you might not like. Just shoot me an email if you( or anyone else) is interested. I'm always happy to help other tyers. My email address is info@colemancreekflies.com