Hi All,

There's an older gentleman who lives down the street from me. Over the years, we've swapped fishing stories and gone fishing together a few times. In fact, we we're out this morning and we caught a few perch.

Anyway...when we got home, he told me that he had a fly rod for me. It was in his basement, and hadn't seen any use in decades (actually, it had been his father's rod). He told me to drop by this afternoon and pick it up.

When I got there, he had three old bamboo rods out in the living room, and he told me to take whichever I wanted.

One rod had absolutely no markings what-so-ever. One was a Heddon rod with a plastic reel seat. The last choice was the one that had been his father's, and I took it.

It's a Hardy Bamboo rod in a cloth rod sock (that bears a Hardys patch). On the butt section appears the following:

"The De Lusce 5 1/2 oz Palakona Registered Trade Mark"

It has two tip section and both the butt section and middle section have nicely carved wooded plugs in the joining sections.

The entire rod has black thread wraps spaced evenly about one inch apart.

Anyone have an idea of its value...or an idea as to where I can find more information?

Thanks,
Andrew