Ya, I kinda hooked him though on his first time flyfishing with "Uncle Flyboy". Put a Sage XP 7wt in his hand and placed him in in a spot that was lousy with big Pike. That 12 year old had eyes as big as saucers when those waterwolves were inhaling a mouse he short cast out from my boat into some shallow weedy water. By the end of the day he was really casting fairly well, considering such a big streamer and a titanium wire leader. He must have hooked up 20 Pike, and of course we released them all. Since then back at home with the rig I gave him he has caught grayling and rainbows on the 5wt, and practices up in his yard casting when he can't get to water. He lives in Fairbanks, so I can't get up there to frequently. His dad though not a fly fisher, is encouraging him to cast, and takes him to local water. Grayling fishing is quite good up there, so he does well with a Griffiths knat, EHC and Parachute Adams supply I sent him home with. Oh ya, he has a couple of big mice too, I am waiting for a story of him getting into trouble with a big fish on that 5wt!!