When in my teens and fishing the Susquehanna, about armpit deep, I came up on a rock to stand on that brought me to about waist deep... my buddy came over and stood on the rock with me and we fished the area for a few minutes when the rock started walking along the bottom with both of us on it's back... that had to be one big turtle.

Another, kind of amusing story... On the Lamar in YP I had out my wife, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. All 3 new to the park, and beginning fly fishers. On the walk in I was ahead of them by about 30 yards. I came over a samll rise hiding a depression behind it. In that depression was a large bull bison, who promptly jumped to his feet on my approach. I took a hard right turn, and watched him out of the corner of my eye, but kept walking. The rest of my group (still not seeing the bison) asked where I was goin'? Then in about 3 steps also came over the rise to see the big fella eyeing them. they turned around and took a wide berth. Thought I was crazy to just keep walking by.

Later that day, my sister-in-law was really focused on a pod of cutts she was unsuccessfully attempting to tempt into biting for about a half hour. I was just a hole above her, and heard the snort, snort huff, of approching buffalo. "Maria" I say... not too loud, She is soooo focused... "MARIA!" a bit louder "behind you, just stay still"... She turns and sees the buffalo moving through the sage about 10 yards away. They then crash into the river and work their way across. She just stood there shaking... it was a bit too close of wildlife viewing for her, and they scared her fish. HA!