+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casting mechanics

Default Casting mechanics

Getting ready for my grandson so I'm watching the Joan Wulff casting video and barely into it before this occurs to me ...

Someone recently said Joan Wulff and Lefty Kreh...different styles,techniques, etc. ...both are correct.....

I submit that they are to fly casting what the One Plane Two plane golf swing principles are to golf...

Joan Wulff would be a one plane caster and Lefty a two plane caster.....

Anyone want to go there

You didn't like my thread on the same topic?

Sorry Pete, I didn't take that to be the same...more than just the wrist...it seems to me....I know you were a golf pro and I would be interested in your thoughts on the Jim Hardy One Plane Two plane concepts in the golf swing????..and if it relates to the casting stroke...

There's a guy , Chuck Quinton, who may have it better nailed...he would say there are more hybrid golfers doing a combination...which may be true of fly casters and that's where "style" comes in...

The golf swing needs to be as simple as possible, and done without much thought. A single plane is more repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    The golf swing needs to be as simple as possible, and done without much thought. A single plane is more repeatable.
    Indeed....

I used to be one. Then I left the automotive field and went into computers. Now its casting geeks.

I know you do need a 20wt. line to cast mechanics or geeks.

jed

You'd need some serious butt section to your leader to turn over most of the mechanics I've dealt with. If I could cast a mechanic I would, but I did the next best thing and do all auto work myself.

Marty

If I understand one plane/two plane, I'd suggest no flyline can be delivered on one plane. Joan Wulff is vertical(but 2 planed) and elbow forward, while Lefty is elbow back somewhere between vertical and horizontal.

+ Reply to Thread