+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyboby going to the Great Waters Expos?

Unfortunately the Minneapolis show conflicts with my kid's spring break schedule and has done so for the past couple of years so I may have to find an excuse to be in Chicago mid-February!

OOps, I probably should have skipped the other show post.

I'll be on tyer's row in MPLS, though I don't know which day. I've got a professional training on the same weekend and have to split my time between the two.

Kathy, who else will be on the writing panel with you? Lefty and Skip?
    Did you ever put this on for Jim in Danbury? It's the kind of thing I'd like to see and break away from the bench for if I knew it was on....Bob

Default 2007 Great Waters Expo - Minneapolis

Kathy:
    I wouldn't miss the Minneapolis show for anything.I will be splitting time between the March Brown Fly Rods and Clackacraft booths.
    I'll be bringing up this years Clackacraft show boat (16' Low Profile), as well as the rods for March Brown Fly Rods.
    Am planning to arrive in Bloomington late Thursday night from Iowa with my daughter and several friends in tow.
    We will be spending time just wandering around the show and tying on tyers row with flychucker and maybe swapping stories after the show closes each day in the lounge.
    Hatch/Ia

Default Great Waters

Wonderful! I'll look forward to seeing all of you

Mantis (and all) - the Writers' Panel was new in MN last year, and we had such a great time/ so much interest that Tom decided to add it to Chicago. When next Jim does a show, I'd love to be part of something like this in CT. I suspect Lefty and Skip will have their hands full, but of course they'd be welcomed. Many of the best responses come from those attending, although those of us up front do our best, too -grin. Larry Gavin (fly fishing columnist who also has a poetry book nominated for a national award) and John Galligan (fly fishing mysteries : The Nail Knot, the Blood Knot, soon The Clinch Knot) will be with me, and others who will be there will include Joseph Meyer, Ron Barch , Dr Tom Waters... the idea is to have a variety of perspectives/ people who can field questions from across the spectrum. I learn a lot

Kat

Thanks for the reply Kat and I am glad you mentioned

"John Galligan (fly fishing mysteries : The Nail Knot, the Blood Knot, soon The Clinch Knot) will be with me",

Always loved mystery books and glad to hear of some I did not know existed. Fran Betters "The Collection" The "Dead Angler" series by Victoria Houston and the books by the late Mr Leicht (spelling) will soon have some friends on the shelf. Only wish they came as Audio Books as well.

And how about you Kat, up to a mystery novel "Breaking Cane" of something????

I went last year, as I was traveling back to the East Coast for business, so traveled early, layed over in MSP and went to the show. It was the first big flyfishing show I have attended. I thought it was EXCELLENT! I particularly enjoyed the presentations by Larry Dahlburg and Bill Scherer. And the equipment booths were great, bought a rod, some lines, flies and some other accessory stuff.

I may have a similar trip that will connect this year, and if so I definitely will lay over in MSP and go again. Worthwhile IMHO.

Default Great Waters Expo Minneapolis

Hi,

Just an update in response to the last posts... Skip Morris did join the writers' panel in Chicago, and he was open, intelligent, and awesome, as one might expect. Ron Barch (publisher: Alder Creek Publishing) joined us, too, and about two dozen peolpe came to ask all sorts of great questions... I learned a lot. I'm always in awe of the great things anglers know.

Skip will be there in MN, too, as well as Tampa Trib columnist Baird Helgeson.

Looking forward to seeing the program schedule. It should be posted soon.

Another lesson from Chicago and the ill-timed blizzard: luggage is nice, but not really necessary

Can't wait to see you guys again,

Kat

Kathy-
    I'll be at the Minneapolis show again this year. It was great meeting you last year. I was just thinking a couple of days ago that spring will be here soon. I should watch your furled leader DVD one more time and get some more made up.

Royce

+ Reply to Thread