HarleyBob - My wifes father, Dr. Clifford Fearl, was a professor at the University Hospital in the 70's. He even has a hall named after him. Her brother is also a Doctor and retired from OHSU. Of course I may be bias but "Pill Hill" as it is known in Portland is first class. There is a fairly decent Feburary-Spring Cutthroat run from the ocean to Johnson Creek in S.E. Portland. You may also hook an occasional Steelhead. There is not a lot of access but I have fished it after the spring runoffs and did OK with 12 to 16" inch fish, Royal Coachman Bucktail fished wet with a slow retrieve. Get a city map and at the bridges that croos the creek you can get some access. It will require hip waders. Were talking right in the middle of Milwaukie a surburb in S.E. Portland. I would Go to ifish.net or OregonLive on the internet for more info before you head out. The Sandy River may be another one to look at. It has a nice winter run of Steelhead but I have never fished it in March. Also in S.E. Portland is the Eastmoorland casting pond. A fun way to practice on actual water. I dare you to try and reqch the far side of the pond. If you have youngsters under the age of 12 with you, Crystal Springs creek running right next to the castinbg pond is for children only and holds some whopper rainbows. You will be in good hands at OHSU. Best wishes. Jonezee