+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denver Fly Show

Default Denver Fly Show

Anyone have any inside info on the Denver Fly Show?

In previous years I found the show to be a great source for rodbuilding and fly tying materials.

Unfortunalty at last years show the booths seemed to be mostly destination travel, guide services and a few local fly shops (where I can buy the same stuff w/o a $14 entry fee!)

I miss the vendors that used to sell discount rod blanks or hard to find pelts and feathers.

kengore,

I just looked up the exhibitor list for the show and it does not look promising. It looks like there are going to be a lot of outfitters there again. Darn.
    The url for the exhibitor list is: http://www.flyfishingshow.com/denver/exhib.html

I am probably going to go it and if it is like last years show then this is it. I will not be going to it anymore.

I too miss the smaller vendors who sold discounted items and hard to find items.

Paul

I'll go, as usual, but in recent years I've come to look at it as an information resource rather than a bargain-hunter's paradise. Some of the lectures and events look pretty interesting to me, and I have high hopes for the new cane section.

Oh well.. we'll see.

I just heard back from a friend and he said that some of the shops there are going to be having some good deals. What they are, he could not tell me.

One thing that has always been great at the show is the fly tiers section. I always get great information about tying from the people tying there.

Paul

I went last year and learned a ton from the lectures and presentations they do have a great fly tying section too. I will definetely be there this year.

+ Reply to Thread