I've been tying flies since the mid-to-late 70s. Had a few breaks over the years (the Marines will do that to you), but have always come back to it whenever my stocks ran low. Although I am mostly self taught, I've always taken the opportunity to learn from other tiers (through TU,at shows, conventions, or even streamside).

All that being said, I've started working my way through the Al Campbell Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced fly tying sections on this site, and while a lot of it offered nothing new to me, there are some real jewels of technique and knowledge there. I'll look at his instructions for a pattern that I've been tying for years and pick up something new that will greatly simplify a problem or explain why it's done a certain way.

My point in posting this is twofold:

1. If you haven't go through this series, take the time to do so - give yourself a couple of weeks - and I'm sure you'll pick something up... even if you've been tying for years.

2. Thank you, FAOL, for keeping this on the web. I'm relatively new to the site, but the more I dig around, the more I learn and want to keep coming back.