+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to your secret fishing spot?

One of the nice things about living along side rivers in the PNW is the fact that these rivers tend to experience large floods every few years or so. The results of these floods are ever changing rivers. This past year most of the river I fish had large floods. This means new runs to fish and old runs gone. For those that know how to read the water there will be new secret spots to fish for at least a little while until the others figure it out also.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I agree that there are probably no longer any secret spots. However, I DO fish a couple ponds that are outstanding & peaceful. No trash, crazy boaters, etc= my idea of a "secret" spot. I take only 1 friend at a time, & if any of you get to my neck of the woods, give me a holler & I can treat you to some really nice bass & bluegill fishing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I found lots of secret spots this season. Most are tough to find; tough to get to and a pain in the butt to fish.

While I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows about them; I saw only two other fisherman in over 40 fishing trips at these various locations during the year.

That's secret enough for me...

I have a little fishing spot that I have only seen a few people at in many years. You have to wade upstream and sometimes can be tough to get to. The last time I was fishing it I cast to an all familiar hole by a sunken log. There is always a fish there. I have tried flies, but these fish love panther martin lures and I use what catches these fish. I thought I was by myself. I did the normal look around to make sure then I cast my little spinner and hooked on of the nicer rainbows I have caught in that hole. Upon releasing it I heard, "I didn't know there were fish like that right there!" Apparently another angler had watched me the whole time, how I cast into the hole without getting snagged and what lure I was using. Well, guess what happened the very next time I went back there, that man was right there with a stringer of fish that he was so happy to show me he had caught out of that hole. All is not lost though. I like finding new spots just like I like fishing the secret ones.

I like some places. But Im sure they are fished by others.

+ Reply to Thread