+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fas snaps??

Default fas snaps??

came acrossed something tonight called "fas snaps" which are made by south bend. they are tied to your tippet and then your fly can be easily attached and changed without re tying. just wondering if they would work for agressive brookies and panfish that seem to hit anything that hits the water and dont seem to be all that fussy in what they take.

They work pretty neat for the end of a steel leader when fishing for toothy ones like Northern Pike

Got a pack of'em in our wallet.
    They seem to work fine, but then we rarely use'em for smaller than a #6 bug. We have lost a fly or two to them. Due to......? But when we are feeling lazy, we tie one on. Makes changing bugs quick and easy. Check the opening for spread though.....often.
    ......lee s.

I use the smallest size on my 5 and 6 wt rods, due to my vision, so I don't have to tie so many knots on the water. I use the medium size on my 7 and 8 weights.

Remembering that I'm a warm water fisherman, I rarely, rarely fish anything so small that these snaps are a bother. They make the life of a guy who's half-blind in one eye and can't see well outta the other much easier. Also extends my leader life as a bonus.

RS

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:2a9c7]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:2a9c7]

I have tried them but don't recommend them because they are so convenient that you may fish one knot too long and will lose fish on a weak knot.

+ Reply to Thread