Not sure if you all saw my post about finding a rod by a garbage bin early this year- Governer 9' Genuine Tonkin Cane 3:2 full length sections. The only problem was a crimped female ferrule on the mid. Having not worked on a rod for nearly 4 months, I figure I'd go out to measure the ferrule again and look for replacement resources. I got the drill bit to measure the ID and I decided to grab the little hammer and drive the bit through and pass the crimped spot. After numerous attempts with smaller bits then to the proper bit to fit the ferrule, I finally made it through. Tested for fit with the tip sections NO GO! So another came to mind (based upon a car rebuilding show where I watched a guy hammer a sheet metal into shape), I left the bit in the ferrule and gently tapped the crimped area. Tested it with the tip section and fits perfectly . Glued the ferrule on to the mid section and expect to hear it "pop" tomorrow when I test it.
NOTICE: I don't recommend this procedure as it does leave slight dimples on the ferrule. I just happen to give it a go since I would have had to replace it if it didn't work anyway. Man I'm happy it worked.
Another stick in the quiver.
God Blesses!
A wing and a prayer ---* <(((>< ~ ~ ~
Quinn