I already posted this as a Reply, but figured I'd throw it out there under its own topic.

I checked the tides, and the last two weeks of February look fantastic. Extremely good evening tides for snook under the lights, and the daytime fishing should also be excellent.

I have a special rate at the Venice Holiday Inn. It's a very nice place, convenient to boat ramps, restaurants, etc. $98 per night (regularly $150). You also can pitch a tent or camper at Oscar Sherer State Park but I'd get on that one real quick or they'll get booked.

Depending upon how y'all want to do this, we could start with an orienteering session (Kevin and I will provide charts of the entire area for those who wish to wade or 'yak) and/or instruction in how to cast and fish in salt water.

If several of you book rooms at HI. they'll also give us the use of a meeting room. When I bring groups down from Chicago, etc., I provide vises and materials for tying, plus a cooler you can fill with soda or beer from the food and liquor store across the street. The HI also brings in a TV/VCR to play tapes. It's a nice way to covey-up without one person's room getting trashed.

As we did last year, my back yard is available for a BBQ or two.

Check AirTran for flights into Sarasota. Today I got a notification from them (I fly AirTran a lot so I'm on their e-list) with sale fares for this winter. Round trip from Pittsburgh or Rochester is $178, LaGuardia is $198. Indy is like $135!

Let me know what y'all think. If there's enough interest we can move along.

Tight Loops,
Capt. Tony