The water was warm today. The wind was forecasted to be 5 to 10mph but as it turned out, it was a no wind day (not good). We also got rained on with a light rain. We started fishing at about 7am and stopped at about 12:30pm. The specks started biting after the rain stopped but when the wind completely died, they stopped biting. We got only four in the 10 and 11 inch range but we lost some too. The specks seemed to be "loosely schooled" because we were hit and miss today. We caught most like we always do on jigs tipped with minnows four feet below a float while drifting. I got one 10 inch speck on the 5wt. fly rod using a sinking line and a #8 yellow chartreuse Crappie Candy. My fishing buddy caught a real nice catfish that also went into the ice cooler. The bright spot was that we got enough for my fishing buddy and his wife to have a fry. The water needs to get cold again so we still need more cold weather.

I seriously considered not posting until the security measures are in place here on FAOL and the image and url links are up and running again. Since the photo links don't work until the security measures are met, you might want to copy and paste each entire url into a search engine to view.

Well, that doesn't work either right now. Sorry. Never mind. The IMG code is working for now.