+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dye Question

Light colors are easy to get but the drk colors can be a bear. Might I suggest trying a Pressure cooker. It works but you will have to learn how long the hair sould be in and so on. You need to add vinager to the dye bath to. Be careful when using one of these. It dosen't take long to get the color needed.

I suggest buying the darker colors. It just isn't worth the hassle and it dosen't cost that much to start with. Ron

rookie,

You've gotten some good advice.One thing you didn't specify, or I may have missed it, was the color of the deer you have and the color(s) you are trying to get?

Your answers to those two questions would make it easier to point you in the right direction.

H.

First let me say how much I appreciate all of the advise and the suggestions, right down from don;t do it, to here's how to do it.

I guess the question was a broad one. I didn't have a specific color in mind whan I asked the question. Inexperience on my part. I have started spinning and stacking hair and I guess initially I was looking at greens, blues, reds, oranges. However, I am also learning to tie other things. I was given a really nice hide that I cleaned and prepared. I am not sure if I am explaining the color properly but it is a brown with sort of a goldish tip.

I thought I might take a few 2"x2" pieces and try to dye them so I wouldn't ruin the hide.

Hopefully, this will help explaining where I started and where I am with this project.

I really do appreciate all of the advise and help.
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread