I bought an old rod/reel today for $10. I am not completely sure what I have. I?m trying to get info on the rod and reel. All I got out of the owner (found it on Craigslist) was that his grandfather gave it to him, it was from Scotland, and the owner only fished it once. So, here are the details. I can?t get any photos up right now, but will as soon as I can. Don?t worry, my hopes are not that high. It definitely looks old, and also well used.

The Rod:
9 ft, 2 piece. Not sure if graphite or fiberglass, not sure I know the difference at this point. Cork handle AND cork reel seat (not a screw-up or down, just a slide down over the reel foot, and cork holds it in place very well). Some of the text on it is hard to read or worn off. Here it is:
There is a metallicy sticker that shows ?Milbro? with ?the tackle of champions? under it on the sticker. In black lettering on the shaft is:
Milbro
8P??TE (unclear on the 8P, the TE at the end is clear. There are 8 guides on it)
F68 /? 9ft (unclear on the /, no idea on the ?)
Made in
Scotland
FULLY
GUARANTEED
AP?M (not sure on the P, no idea on the ?)
RECOMMENDED
LINE
? (this is worn off)

Joint is metal, maybe brass. Butt end is the female end (looks like a long, slender bullet casing about 2 inches long. Guides are all two-footed snake except for the stripping guide. There is a hook holder.

The Reel:
Silver in color. Removable spool. Spool does not go to the edge, so cannot use your hand on the edge as a drag. Only markings on the center of the spool, which shows ?D.A.M? and underneath that is ?22?. There is a click & prawl type drag that does not appear to be working.

Any info would be helpful. I?ll try to get photos as soon as possible. Let me know if there is a specific part where a photo would be helpful.

Thanks!
Alan