+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Otter, Montana

Default Otter, Montana

Any suggestions on fihing in and arround Otter? I have tried to look it up but haven't seen anything other than the location on the map. It looks like it is close to the Powder River...

KCFLY,
    Otter, Montana isn't the end of the world, but on a clear day you can see it.

There's not much for fishing out in that area, however, you will not be far from some good fishing. The Bighorn will be about 2 1/2 hours away, the Tongue River right below the dam is pretty good. The Bighorn Mts. in Wyoming have some real good trout streams. You can run up to Colstrip and fish our little pond for some excellent bluegill, bass, and pike fly fishing.

What in the world would bring you to Otter anyways, if you don't mind me asking?

Drop me a line if you get here and I will hook you up.

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.wolfmountainfly.com
    "A" TARGET=_blank>www.wolfmountainfly.com
    "A</A> proud FAOL Sponsor"

flyfishmt,

It's a long story but a buddy of mine has conned me into a prarie dog shooting trip. A few new rifles and several hundred rounds of ammo, Ah what the hey!

I figured that if you are in Montana you should be able to find something to sling a fly at.

KCFly, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time! Go get em..

flyfishmt pretty much has the area covered. I would really try and hit the Bighorn. Great tailwater that is fishing better and better. The Bighorn Mountains are pretty spectacular and well worth a day(or more) of exploration.

When I first heard about it I thought, cool, I can get a few hides for fly tying. But what I have been told is that after the 45 grain ballistic tip 22-250 hits em, not much left for the tying bench.

I have found out that there is a couple of places about an hour and a half away. The place we are going is run by a guy who does alot of fishing. The prarie dog thing is just a way to help keep the population down on his ranch.

Here gopher gopher gopher...

I need to watch Caddy Shack one more time!

+ Reply to Thread