+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nautilus / Old Florida reels

Default Nautilus / Old Florida reels

I recently bought a new spool for my Old Florida reel and when I got it, I noticed that the new spool is a slightly different finish than the body. No big deal, but when I attended the Renzetti Flyfishing show at their factory, Kristen Mustad, who is now the owner of the company was there. I happened to mention the difference in finishes between the spool and the body, as the body is a matte finish, and the new spool is slightly shiny. He gave me his card and said " Give me a call, and I will fix you up". I called him and he said "Send me the reel, I have a new spool sitting on my desk waiting for you" I think that that is the kind of service that deserves many kudos, due to the fact that Old Florida reels are no longer being made, and I wasn't expecting anything to be done about it. Kristen went out of his way to see that I was taken care of. Great service from a great company!!
    My next reel will be a Nautilus!!

Did a review of them years ago. How did you miss it?

J.C. you probably know better than me, but once in a while I try to scan the backlog of FAOL knowledge. With what you have in the locker, it would take me a lifetime to ingest all the amazing and wonderful lore you have accumlated. I am on page one.....as I grow older your site will be my salvation. Patience my friend. Yes, I can just see me now...nurse, bring me my laptop!!! Damn you nurse, I need to get on line with FAOL.....Geezee how am I suppose to make it through the night? Thank you............

J.C.,
    I saw the review, but was very new to flyfishing and only fished freshwater then, so I didn't think I needed a reel like that then. Or that I needed to know how to double-haul either!!
    They are great people at Nautilus!

+ Reply to Thread