It's 11:30 p.m. Monday night as I write this, but I just wanted to say that I took today off work and was sitting on my south side holding a remote, channel surfing on TV and caught the last 15 minutes of a fly fishing program that was never mentioned by name. A couple of fly fishers were going after striped bass in the ocean, I think, along the East Coast. Or maybe it was a bay or a tributary. They were wading.

All I know is, one of the guys looked vaguely familiar and then while he was casting he mentioned that he writes stories for Fly Anglers On Line. This HAD to be our Dave Micus. And this HAD to be that segment of a fishing show that was mentioned a number of times on the BB many times a few months ago. But it was a show I missed because when it first aired I didn't have TV.

Wow, it was really cool watching Dave casting and catching those striped bass. The fish weren't running real big but, hey, better small than not at all. Striped bass are sure beautiful fish.

Now that I have a TV, and a subscription that carries that outdoor sports channel, maybe eventually I'll catch the entire show that Dave was on.

I'll bet Dave is having fun in Montana with people he runs into who invite him out for some trout fishing assuming that since he's from the East Coast he's a novice fly fisher. Ho, ho, ho.

Joe
"Better small than not at all."