+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sooooo what do you want for Christmas?

Jose,
    If this post was about LOW expectations for Christmas, you and I would be the leaders so far!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

The kids will be home again this year.

We will make some cookies and have alot of converstaion and fun.

The gifts are a secondary thing. We tend to be happy with whatever we get.
    The joy is in sharing with others.

Rick

Our family goes through this odd exercise of exchanging lists. Odd because it doesn't seem to spark a lot of creativity. I start my shopping early in the year the hide the things. I'm not a crowd person. Usually my shopping is done before December, and when the lists arrive it's much too late. After much urging this was mine list: Good Books. Good Wine. Good CDs (no music from the romance era). Good Laughs.

Congratulations on getting the daughter and son back folks. I was kind of the wayward one there for awhile, and it took a lot of work and forgiveness for my father and I to crawl back into good graces. IT wasn't easy for either of us. Some things are best left unearthed for they mean very little. Building back the trust is hard, building back the "like" even harder. The love is there or there wouldn't have been the return. That was years ago. NOw he's 96 and in degrading health. In fact, both my parents are alive, independent thanks to a close-by, caregiving sister, and are doing well for their age. IT's amazing to be 63 and still have both parents around. Our sons are both doing well and will be here for Christmas. With all that, who needs a list? JGW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Is this anything like messing with Mother Nature

"Dear Santa, although I have not always been a good boy I still want stuff. You must have lost my list last year, I finally let it go but don't let it happen again. I have some really good reindeer rump roast recipes and if I'm passed by one more time I will be filling my game tags with 8 tiny reindeer. You can pull the darned sleigh yourself for all I care."

God I hope so!
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

You know I never thought of threatening Santa
    If he won't give you what you want, then he'll start thinking he can do that with everybody!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Happiness & good health for all my friends & family.
    A safe homecoming for all serving our country.
    All I need, I have.
    Mike
    Z...Wonderful!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I want my job transferred. I have a house up on the N. Umpqua River and am waiting for an opening so I can move up there.

My bride and I have everything we need. We just ask for the health and ability to continue to help the less fortunate whenever we can.

Merry Christmas

Remember, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Feed a family and do something for the kids in your area who won't have Christmas without help from you.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Congratulations on your reunions with your children!! I have always believed that family is the single most important blessing God has bestowed upon us.

For Christmas...I have everything I need right here. The breath of life, clear skies and rivers all around me. My family is close by and I have strong relationships w/ my parents and my brother/gf/nephew. I have a handful of close friends that I would do anything for.

I pray for continued good health for my children and myself, especially my son who is frequently plagued by health issues.

However, if Santa is being really generous, I would love to see a box under the tree with a boatload of patience and instruction manuals on how to raise children. In addition to that an all expense paid trip to New Zealand for 2 weeks of flyfishing.
    Teri

The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.

+ Reply to Thread