(I think, I'm the only person in our fly club that had to put air bags on his pontoon boat, before I put on the electric!?)
Paul,

I guess the air bags are good insurance with a 40 pounder on the back. Do you get a good days fishing out of a single battery with your motor?

Besides the fact that I enjoy the exercise involved in rowing, finning and paddling I kind of made a commitment to keep things physical as a survivor of quintuple bypass nearly 8 years ago. My other excuse for avoiding the motor is that my flyfishing club does not even let me use my kayak so I'm sure they would frown on the use of a motor. Most of my flyfishing for trout is on the stillwater ponds at the club. My smallmouth fishing at this point is mostly on rivers. I can see a motor being an asset for day trips on lakes or reservoirs but my Outcast Fish Cat pontoon rows pretty much as fast as I can paddle my kayak. That speed compares favourably to an electric although I don't know if my friend has ever been full throttle with his electric powered canoe.